Currently, the score is:
Taking A Nap- 20, Editing Photos- 1.
Can you see why its been over a week since I posted? Thank you so much for all your kind comments and well wishes! We are home and doing fantastic. Sam keeps telling me I seem to have bounced back better from this delivery than my previous ones. I just keep telling myself to take it easy and I still need to heal.
I thought I’d share some of the things I’ve observed this last week:
- Having a preemie baby has its advantages. I think she sleeps a good 22-23 hours a day. Sometimes I wonder if I really did have a baby.
- I really retain water when I’m pregnant. Seriously. Estimating my weight from my last appointment (because, lets be honest, I was done looking at the scale), I’ve lost a good 30lbs in the last 9 days. Yup. You heard right. 3-0. Pretty sure most of that was water. Good news? I think I have my ankles back.
- Although all my children have been born with dark hair, it doesn’t take long for it to lighten. Cara’s already got platinum blonde streaks. It makes her look kind of like a tiger.
- My 2yo boy apparently needs more attention than I previously thought. I think he’s had the hardest time adjusting to me being busy with the baby. Plus, my patience is just not all there, and I get frustrated with him easily.
- On the other hand, my 4yo LOVES having a new sister. She loves to hold her, be in the same room, and just touch her. Its very endearing.
- Having my husband home almost all day is SO nice. It makes us both long for the day when he can go back to consulting from home. He had an amazingly fun time playing stay-at-home dad. He took the kids to Itty Bitty Baseball, for a bike ride to the park, played with them outside, and loved it.
- I have breakdowns. Like last Thursday. When Sam had to work. I’d had it by about 5pm. At least I made it that long, right?
- My baby is soooo snuggly. I love that about her. I seriously eat it up when her eyes are open because it doesn’t happen very often. And I spoil her. We snuggle and sleep together. Sometimes I just miss her because she’s been in her bassinet almost all day.
- While I am eternally grateful that Cara waited as long as she did to enter this world, I am so happy to not be pregnant anymore. I love sleeping on my stomach, my heartburn has disappeared, and my chiropractor can now finally help me fix my back. I want to be able to run again.
We’re taking one day at a time. Its been great to be home, we have had amazing support from family & friends and are so grateful!!
On to the photos. Here are the highlights:
And the slideshow, set to “Good Day” by Jon Schmidt. I felt it was appropriate: